The Earth is full of wonders. Different animals live on the Earth. Different plants grow on it. The
Earth is beautiful.
There are large countries and small countries. There are warm countries and cold countries.
There are some countries where there are four seasons in a year and some countries where there
are only two.
When it is day in one country it is night in another country.
When the sun shines it is day, when the sun does not shine it is night. You can see the moon and
the stars in the sky at night.
People live in different countries. They speak different languages.
Our country is Russia. Russia is the largest country in the world. Our country is so large that
when it is morning in the east, it is evening in the west. When it is winter in the north it is
summer in the south.
There are a lot of long rivers, beautiful lakes, large forests and fields and high mountains in
People who live in Russia speak more than one hundred different languages but they can speak
Answer the questions.
1. Where do people live?
2. Is the Earth big or small?
3. What is there on the Earth?
4. Where is there water on the Earth?
5. The Earth is beautiful, isn't it?
6. Why do we say that the Earth is full of wonders?
7. Why do people speak different languages.?
6. Complete the sentences, using Conditional II and III.
1. If I... (be) you, I would join Greenpeace.
2. If I were you, I... (continue) the exploration.
3. If you had read these books, you ... (know) more about this environmental problem.
4. If we had protected the environment seriously, our planet... (be) out of danger.
5. If people... (avoid) damaging nature, many species of animals wouldn't have disappeared.