1. Звучит песня «America, the Befutiful” (music by S.Ward, words by K.L.Bates)
2. This song is about the wonderful country. You know the name of this country. Many people think that this song is the national anthem of the USA. But it isn’t so.
3. It is a patriotic song written by Katerine Lee Bates.
4-8. Do you know the other famous American people? Look at the screen. .
9. Now we try to match the columns and say who is who.
10. But there is one more name in the US history. That great man became the hero of the poem written by Nancy Bird Turner. It’s only a small part of it.
He played by the river, when he was young,
He raced with rabbits along the hills,
He fished for minnows, and climbed and swung
And hooted back at whippoor wills
Strong and slender and tall he grew
And then one morning the bugles blew.
11. Can you guess his name? It’s hidden in the next task.
My first part of the word is what we do after we get up.
My second one is the suffix of the gerund “going”.
My third part is the letter comes after “s”.
My fourth one is a preposition,
My whole name is the surname of the famous man.
12. Who is he? What is he? (The portrait of Washington and his name.)
13. The US capital and many other places are named after him.
14-16. The places of interest.
Do you want to know more about this person? Let’s read some facts of his biography and you will see that the first president played the very important role in the American history.
17. And l want to show you one more photo. Will America be proud of this man?
18. Источники информации.
© ООО «Знанио»
С вами с 2009 года.