Специальность: Земельно – имущественные отношения
The Main Directions in Land Use Planning
Основные направления в землеустройстве
Практические занятия с использованием презентации Land Use Goals and Objectives
Land Use Goals and Objectives.pptx
Concept, purpose and objectives of land management
Concept, purpose and objectives of land management
The purpose and objectives of land management – to ensure the rational use of land and their protection, to create a favorable environment and improve natural landscapes.
Land Use Goals and Objectives The goals and objectives of land use are to keep the
Land Use Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of land use are to keep the Land Use Plan and Future Land Use Map current with changing growth conditions in the Region
To keep the Land Use Plan and Future
To keep the Land Use Plan and Future Land Use Map current with changing growth conditions in the Region: 1.1. Review the Land Use Plan and Future Land Use Map at five year intervals to ensure these planning documents remain useful guides for growth and development. 1.2. Consider prompt review and possible amendment of the Land Use Plan and Future Land Use Map between five year intervals should development conditions significantly change. 1.3. Integrate pertinent development data into Geographic Information Systems to expand and keep current on-going development trend analysis for planning purposes. 1.4. Adopt or amend zoning, subdivision, flood plain, and health regulations necessary to fully implement the goals, objectives, and policies of the adopted Dubuque County Regional Smart Plan
To plan for the future and orderly development within a regional context: 2
2.To plan for the future and orderly development within a regional context: 2.1. Consider the regional setting and economy when assessing the opportunities and constraints for land development. 2.2. Encourage intergovernmental partnerships to minimize the negative impact of city/county urban fringe development on regional watersheds, ecosystems, and rural infrastructure. 2.3. Encourage intergovernmental cooperation to develop policies for development of fringe areas, to enhance development, and avoid unregulated sprawl. 2.4. Promote corridors of green along natural and roadway corridors. 2.5. Encourage cooperative regional planning with all levels of government, to develop a strategic plan for fringe area development .2.6. Encourage local governments to establish mutual agreements to plan, facilitate, coordinate, and resolve possible conflicts of proposed development within municipal fringe areas. 2.7. The County should initiate a process with local governments to establish mutual fringe area planning and development agreements. 2.8. Recognize that transportation and land use are directly related, and encourage appropriate land use and transportation planning.
To protect and enhance the viability, livability, and affordability of residential neighborhoods, while integrating multifamily development throughout the region: 3
3. To protect and enhance the viability, livability, and affordability of residential neighborhoods, while integrating multifamily development throughout the region:
3.1. Promote inclusive and economically integrated neighborhoods that allow a diverse mix of residents and housing types. 3.2. Promote providing a range of housing options throughout the region. 3.3. Encourage connecting and interrelating neighborhoods with greenbelts or other pathways, commercial nodes, or public facilities. 3.4. Encourage preservation of historic and aesthetic character and function of established neighborhoods. Page 2 of 4 3.5. Encourage protection of existing residential areas from encroachment by incompatible development and land uses. 3.6. Support providing neighborhood amenities throughout the region in an equitable manner. 3.7. Encourage neighborhood identity, planning, and pride of place. 3.8. Support preservation of the environmental quality of residential areas and buffer from noxious or nuisance impacts. 3.9. Support protection of historic neighborhoods from inappropriate development, inconsistent with existing historic development. 3.10. Continue to promote affordable housing for those who would like to purchase a home, but do not qualify for assistance.
Ensure that opportunities for convenient and concentrated commercial development are provided to support both the local and regional market
4.Ensure that opportunities for convenient and concentrated commercial development are provided to support both the local and regional market. 4.1. Support protection of downtown commercial districts and encourage continued reinvestment and redevelopment. 4.2. Encourage expansion of commercial opportunities in existing commercial corridors or nodes where infrastructure can support growth. 4.3. Promote opportunities for neighborhood commercial centers that assure compatibility with residential property. 4.4. Support preservation of historic and aesthetic character and function of established commercial districts. 4.5. Encourage mixed use development in the downtown area and unincorporated villages
Provide sufficient opportunities for industrial development sites within the community: 5
5.Provide sufficient opportunities for industrial development sites within the community: 5.1. Promote the retention and expansion of existing, and attraction of new, industrial development opportunities in suitable locations. 5.2. Support protecting existing industrial development from encroachment by incompatible development. 5.3. Support annexation of land suitable for industrial development if necessary. 5.4. Lessen negative impacts to residential areas which are located near industrial areas.
To balance open space and environmental preservation with the community’s development needs
6. To balance open space and environmental preservation with the community’s development needs. 6.1. Encourage protecting and preserving existing open space and park land to meet the region’s needs. 6.2. Encourage expansion of urban green spaces in suitable locations to encourage livability and enhance aesthetics. 6.3. Encourage parks, green space, trails, and similar park/open space uses easily accessible to residents at neighborhood level. 6.4. Provide common open/green space and landscaping into all new development wherever possible. 6.5. Support management of development along bluff lines and protect scenic vistas. 6.6. Support protection of undeveloped and underdeveloped remaining land along bluff-lines.
Ensure that the physical character and form of the region reflects its historic setting and that the built environment is compatible with the natural environment
7. Ensure that the physical character and form of the region reflects its historic setting and that the built environment is compatible with the natural environment. 7.1. Consider defining and enhancing gateways and focal points to create a sense of place. 7.2. Promote protection and preservation of historic buildings, urban pattern, and natural environment. 7.3. Promote quality in the design and construction of new public and private development. 7.4. Preserve natural areas and wildlife corridors that contribute to the character of the area.
Encourage the concept of mixed-use development to create diverse and self-sufficient neighborhoods
8. Encourage the concept of mixed-use development to create diverse and self-sufficient neighborhoods. 8.1. Promote a compatible mix of land uses that create a diversified urban environment that mixes shopping, employment, recreation, and residential opportunities where appropriate. 8.2. Promote buffering and protecting of incompatible uses from each other. 8.3. Consider limiting sprawl and aggregate travel time through use of mixed-use developments. 8.4. Promote incentives to bring mixed-use to downtown and commercial districts. 8.5. Encourage a mixed-use of residential, commercial and retail uses for new developments that does not demarcate boundaries between residential and those commercial/retail uses that provide less intense, basic services for the neighborhood. 8.6. Encourage design review to address how mixed-use developments are treated and to require quality development, so they become more acceptable to developers and business owners and more sensitive to neighborhood concerns/impacts. 8.7. Encourage developers to create mixed-use developments and mixed use regulations, including architectural designs for new commercial uses (buildings, signs, parking) that do not allow franchises to dictate architecture, signs, and parking lot designs.
To encourage redevelopment opportunities within the region in an effort to revitalize unused or underused property while promoting the preservation of viable and affordable housing…
9. To encourage redevelopment opportunities within the region in an effort to revitalize unused or underused property while promoting the preservation of viable and affordable housing stock 9.1. Encourage redevelopment or adaptive reuse of vacant or underutilized buildings and sites. 9.2. Promote in-fill development, where appropriate, to encourage more compact urban form and avoid needless and costly sprawl while providing appropriate parking levels. 9.3. Promote development and redevelopment that maximizes existing infrastructure. 9.4. Strive to eliminate slum and blight. 9.5. Promote affordable commercial space for small start-up, new, or growing businesses. 9.6. Encourage reinvestment in our existing neighborhoods (i.e., smart growth).
Take Care Of The Land! Take care of everything around you!»
"Take Care Of The Land! Take care of everything around you!»