Тексты для чтения для младшей школы на разную тематику. Интересные, познавательные. Подойдут как для контрольных работ, самостоятельного изучения, индивидуального изучения, репетиторов. После каждого текста вопросы. Использовала в своей практике - детям интересно. Надеюсь этот материал пригодится и понравится для работы учителям.
TEXTS FOR FORMS 23
My name is ________. I am eight. I go to school. I am a pupil. I am a pupil of the
second form. I live in Moscow. I have got a big and friendly family. And I have
got a lot of friends.
1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. Do you go to school?
4. Where do you live?
5. Have you got many friends?
There are wild and domestic animals. Wild animals live in the forest or in the zoo.
Some animals are dangerous. A fox, a wolf, a bear, a hare, a tiger, an elephant are
wild animals. Domestic animals live at home or at the farm. They are dogs, cats,
rabbits, cows, horses, parrots. Animals that we have at home are called pets.
1. There are wild and domestic animals, aren’t there? 2. What animals are wild?
3. What are domestic animals?
4. Have you got a pet?
I am nine years old. I love all holidays. Birthday is my favourite holiday. My
birthday is on the fifth of May. I usually have a party on this day. I invite my
friends. We have much fun during the party. We eat cakes, sweets and ice
cream. We play games. I get a lot of presents on this day.
1. When is your birthday?
2. Is birthday your favourite holiday?
3. Do you have a party on this day?
4. Do you invite your friends on your birthday?
I like to read very much. Reading is my hobby. I have got a lot of books at
home. I like to read books for children. I like to read short stories about
animals and fairy tales. My favourite fairy tale is Cinderella.
Questions: 1. Do you like to read?
2. Have you got many books at home?
3. What do you like to read?
4. What is your favourite book?
Food and dishes
My mother cooks for our family. She cooks breakfast, dinner and supper.
For breakfast I like to eat sandwiches and tea or milk. I like to drink apple or
orange juice. I also like to eat chicken and potatoes. I like a salad with
tomatoes and cucumbers. I eat fruit and vegetables. They are good for us.
1. Who cooks in your family?
2. What do you like to eat for breakfast?
3. Do you like to drink juice?
4. Do you like fruit and vegetables?
Hobbies Children can have different hobbies. Some children collect toys or
postcards, some children like to read or play. My hobby is reading. I like to
read books for children. I also like to go for walks in the park. I usually
make pictures when I walk. Making photos is my hobby, too.
1. What hobbies do you know?
2. What can people collect?
3. Have you got a hobby?
4. Is your hobby interesting?
I like holidays. They are funny. The holidays are New Year, Women’s Day,
Victory Day, Christmas, Easter, Independence Day. These holidays are
important for people. Birthday is my favourite holiday. I get a lot of presents
on my birthday. I always invite my friends for my birthday. We have much
1. Do you like holidays?
2. What holidays do you know?
3. What is your favourite holiday? 4. Do you like to get presents?
I help my mother
My mother works a lot. She comes home very tired. I love her and I help
her. I clean my room. I wash the dishes after dinner. Sometimes I go
shopping to buy bread and milk. On Sundays I help my mother to cook.
1. Does your mother work a lot?
2. Do you help her?
3. What do you do?
4. Do you go shopping?
5. Do you help your mother to cook?
In the zoo
I live in a big city. There is a wonderful 200 in my city. I like to go there with
my parents. There are a lot of funny animals in it. They are elephants, lions,
crocodiles, giraffes, monkeys, tigers, and others. There are a lot of different
birds, too. Lion is my favourite animal. It is the king of animals. I like to go
to the zoo very much.
Questions: 1. Is there a zoo in your city?
2. Do you like to go to the zoo?
3. What animals are there in the zoo?
4. What is your favourite animal?
Moscow is our capital
Moscow is the capital of Russia. It is a big and beautiful city. It stands on
the Moskva River. There are wide, long streets and high buildings in it
Moscow is a very green city. There are a lot of parks in it. Many people like
to come to Moscow. They visit its sights. I am very proud of the capital of
1. What city is the capital of Russia?
2. There are wide, long streets and high buildings in it, aren’t there?
3. Are there many parks in Moscow?
I get up at seven o’clock. Then I wash myself, put on my clothes and have
breakfast. After breakfast I go to school. I usually have four or five lessons
at school. I come home at one o’clock. Then I have dinner. I eat soup, chicken or fish and potatoes. After dinner I do my homework. In the
evening I read or watch TV. I go to bed at nine o’clock.
1. When do you get up?
2. How many lessons do you have every day?
3. What do you have for dinner?
4. When do you do your homework?
5. What do you do in the evening?
My English lesson
I study a lot of subjects at school. I study Mathematics, Russian, Reading,
English, Arts, and Music. English is my favourite subject. Our English
lessons are very interesting. We learn new words and write exercises. We
read texts and translate them. We play games and tell dialogues. I love
English and I want to be an English teacher.
1. What do you study in school?
2. Do you like your English lessons?
3. Do you play games at your English lesson?
My family I have got a big family. I have got a mother, a father, a sister, and a
grandmother. My mother is young and beautiful. Her name is Elena
Petrovna. My father is young, too. His name is Oleg Ivanovich. My sister is
four and she doesn’t go to school yet. My grandmother’s name is Olga
Semenovna, she is very kind. I love my family very much.
1. Have you got a big family?
2. Have you got a sister or a brother?
3. What is your mother’s name?
4. What is your father’s name?
We live in a flat. Our flat is not very big. It is very clean and comfortable.
There are two rooms in our flat. There is also a kitchen and a bathroom. In
the livingroom there is a sofa, a TV, a bookcase, a coffee table, and two
armchairs. In my room there is a bed, a desk, a wardrobe, and a shelf. I
love my flat very much.
1. Do you live in a flat?
2. Is your flat big?
3. Is it comfortable? 4. How many rooms are there in your flat?
I have got a lot of friends. They are my classmates. We go to school
together in the morning. And we return home together after classes. We
like to play. We play different games. Igor is my best friend. He is very kind
1. Have you got many friends?
2. Do you go to school together?
3. What do you like to do?
4. Who is your best friend?
There are four seasons. They are: winter, spring, summer, and autumn.
Winter is a very cold season. There is usually much snow in winter. In
spring the trees become green and birds sing. In summer it is hot. Summer
is my favourite season. In autumn the weather is usually rainy.
Schoolchildren go to school in September.
1. How many seasons are there in a year?
2. What are they? 3. What can we do in winter? In summer? In autumn?