МЕТОДОЛОГИЧЕСКАЯ РАЗРАБОТКА УРОКА АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА
ПО ТЕМЕ «LONDON»
к учебнику Headway
Elementary 5th Edition Video
Headway_5ed_Elementary_Video [00:01:45, 00:03:08,
I. What do you think of London?
all over the world
со всего мира
1. Where is London located? It is the
capital of Great Britain.
2. Is it a good place to live and visit? Yes,
3. Is London an international city? Yes, it
4. How many people visit London every year? There
are over 14 million international visitors every year.
5. Complete the table:
He/she loves London because …
It’s interesting and fun city
It’s old and interesting
It’s beautiful city
II. Museums and galleries.
1. How many museums and galleries are there in London? There are over 200 museums and galleries in the city.
2. Do you need to pay for the museums? No, they
3. What is the Tate Modern? The Tate modern
is an art gallery.
4. Where is it? It’s near the river Thames.
5. What is inside the building? There are a
lot of modern art and a restaurant with the view inside.
6. Complete the table:
Many cultural places and museums
All museums are free
III. More things to do and see.
часы Биг Бэн
1. Are there a lot of beautiful old buildings in the city? Yes, there are.
2. What is Westminster Abbey? It is one of
the world’s great churches.
3. Where is it? It is near Big Ben and the
Houses of Parliament.
4. Who lives in the Buckingham Palace? The
Royal family lives there.
5. What do visitors like to watch at the Buckingham Palace? They like to watch the changing of the guard.
6. What is near the London Bridge? Borough
Market is near the London Bridge.
7. Are there very expensive shops in London? Yes, there are.
8. Are there many theatres in London? Yes,
9. Complete the table:
Culture and shopping
Culture, music, art, theatre
1. Is London busy and big? Yes, it is.
2. Is it easy to travel around the city? Yes,
3. How can visitors travel around the city? There
are a lot of buses, taxi, underground and bicycles.
4. Why is it difficult driving a car in London? It is difficult because
He/she don’t like the city because …
Expensive, bad weather
TASK: choose a sightseeing of London and tell about it.
© ООО «Знанио»