INGREDIENTS: 2 carrots, 2 turnips, 1 small marrow,1 leek (or onion), 1
potato,1 stick celery, 1 clove garlic, 20 g butter, salt pepper, 1 litre water, 2
1. Peel and wash all the vegetables, slice them.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the vegetables.
3. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring continuously.
4. Add salt and pepper and pour in 1 litre of very hot water. Bring to the boil and simmer
for 25 minutes.
5. Chop the parsley in the mill and sprinkle over soup just before serving.
6. Add a spoon of fresh cream.
Carrot and Radish Salad
INGREDIENTS: 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice, 2
garlic cloves, 1 tbs honey, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp mild paprika, 1/4 tsp
ground cinnamon, 3 carrots, 1 bunch radish, 1 cup fresh mint leaves
1.Chop the garlic finely.
2. Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon in a
bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Peel and slice the carrot and the raddish thinly.
4. Combine the carrot and radish in a large bowl.
5. Add dressing and torn mint leaves to the salad. Toss to combine. Serve.
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 3 apples.
Preparation: Wash and dry apples then cut each one into 4 wedges, core and slice. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix thoroughly flour, sugar, and three eggs. Line baking form with parchment,
grease to prevent sticking. Put apples in the form then pour batter. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius
for 3540 minutes til brown and wooden pick inserted comes out clean.