МЕТОДОЛОГИЧЕСКАЯ РАЗРАБОТКА УРОКА АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА
ПО ТЕМЕ «AN HOUR AROUND THE WORLD”
к учебнику Headway
Elementary 5th Edition Video
Headway_5ed_Elementary_Video [01:38:58, 01:40:54,
AROUND THE WORLD
1. What is a time zone? A time zone is an
area of the world where they use the same time.
2. Why do different time zones exist? Because
the Earth is constantly turning.
3. How can you travel across the time zones? When you move from East to West or from West to East around the globe.
4. How many time zones does the USA have? The
USA has 6 time zones.
5. Do time zones differ from North to South? No, they do not.
II. One hour around the world – Part 1.
a point of time
в определенное время
to make coffee
1. What cities are shown? New York, Buenos
Aires and Oxford.
2. Complete the table:
What is she/he doing in the morning?
New York, the USA
gets the subway into the city
Kiko and Rosio
preparing food and
Buenos Aires, Argentine
leaves for work
is helping to
daughters get ready for school, going to his office
is walking around
the city, checking safety and gives directions to visitors
III. One hour around the world – Part 2.
экскурсия на пароме
sunset and sunrise
закат и рассвет
1. What are tourists doing in Istanbul? They
are travelling around the city on old trams, taking boat tours, exploring many
beautiful buildings around the city, taking lots of photos.
2. What are tourists buying in a Grand Bazar? They are buying colorful souvenirs.
3. What is Hana doing in the evening in Okinawa, Japan? She is spending time with her family; they are relaxing after
dinner and watching TV.
4. Why do people live long in Okinawa? They
eat healthy diet; they live on Okinawa time, little stress.
5. What is “Okinawa time”? The time isn’t
6. How often do 6 scientists on the ISS see the sunset and sunrise? They see sunrise and sunset every 19 minutes.
7. What time do scientists use in space? They
use Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
8. What is the crew doing on a spaceship? They
are doing scientific experiments and looking after the space station.
© ООО «Знанио»