МЕТОДОЛОГИЧЕСКАЯ РАЗРАБОТКА УРОКА АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА
ПО ТЕМЕ «A SPECIAL OCCASION»
к учебнику Headway
Elementary 5th Edition Video
[01:08:25, 01:09:19, 01:11:42, 01:13:10]
A SPECIAL OCCASION
I. A small English wedding
to get married
1. Where did Stuart and Becky get married? They got married in a church in Oxford.
2. How many people were on the wedding? About a hundred.
3. How long did the ceremony take? It took about an hour.
4. What was the color of the bridesmaids’
dresses? They wore navy blue dresses.
5. What were the clothes of Stuart and Becky? Stuart wore a black suit and Becky was in a white long
6. What did they do after the ceremony? They had a party in a restaurant.
7. Where did they spend their honeymoon? They spent the honeymoon in Edinburgh.
II. A big Asian wedding.
1. When and where did they meet? They met in a restaurant in 2006.
2. How many ceremonies did Maleeha have? She had 5 different ceremonies.
3. What cities did she have ceremonies in? She had ceremonies in Manchester and London.
4. How many people were at the wedding? There were about 300 people.
5. What was the food on the wedding? There were 3 wedding cakes and 6 large meals.
6. Complete the table:
Name of the event
dress and a tiara
on hands and feet
Indian dress and gold jewelry, husband wore long top and traditional trousers
and a turban
and a lot of food
III. A memorable childhood birthday party.
вечеринка на день рождения
to blow candles
1. How does Nicole celebrate her birthday now?
She goes out with family and friends.
2. How did she celebrate in her childhood? She had exciting birthday parties.
3. What birthday party was one of the best? It was her 7th birthday party.
4. Why was it so important? It was her first birthday in Scotland.
5. How was the weather? It wasn’t raining in spite of it is always raining in
6. How was it arranged? She invited friends from school; they wore favorite dresses,
and ate snacks, her mom made a chocolate cake, she blew candles.
7. What activities did they have afterwards? They played games and danced.
IV. A recent birthday party.
couple of days
1. How did she spend her recent
birthday party? She
spent it with her friends.
2. What kind of party did they
have? They had
3. How was it? Friends had 1970s clothes, she
had long orange dress from Rome, they ate 1970s food,
4. What kind of music did they play? They played 1970s music (disco and soul).
5. What was her birthday cake? It was 1970s cake with big
platform shoes on top and “Happy birthday Carolyn”.
6. When was the party? It was a couple of days before
7. What did she do on her
birthday? She was
in Italy to celebrate.
© ООО «Знанио»